Sunday, July 10, 2011

the symphony in the silence


I am most amazed of how the Lord moves when I myself am motionless.

This afternoon, I watched the Lord guide a conversation from confession, to justification, to internal reflection, to conviction, to action. I saw Him shape the hearts of men, awaken their spirit, with a timing that was so perfect for each heart and spirit to align in unity.

Had I spoken up, interrupted with my own contributions based in frustration and disagreement, I'm not sure I would have witnessed seeing the Lord's hand. For certain, I would have either forced the conclusion of the conversation prematurely, or derailed the conversation all together.

As our church winded around the twists and turns of self-discovery, I reluctantly chose silence and instead praised the Lord for each new epiphany. (I rarely praise discovery, and instead hold out my praises for the final outcome). And I reached the final epiphany that the Lord has been imprinting on my soul for a while now:

Let me be the maestro, and let your prayers evoke the music in others. In your silence, listen to the harmony and the counter-melodies I am weaving the lives of those around you. There is so much music for you to hear. Isn't it wonderful?

'Tis.

No comments: