Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Ruthless Trust


A man had set up a tight-rope stretching from the tallest buildings in Pittsburgh. He said to a stranger, "Hi, I am a tight rope walker. Do you think I can walk this tight-rope, from this building to the other and back?" The stranger said sure, and sure enough, the man walked from the first building to the other and back.

The stranger called his brother to come see the tightrope walker. Then the man said to them, "Do you think I can do this walking backwards?" The brothers shook their heads, but watched in awe as the man walked to and from the building backwards.

The brothers then called their friends about this crazy guy on a rope. Then the man said, "Do you think I can do this with my eyes closed, walking backwars, and my hands tied behind my back?" The crowd shouted, YES!! And the man did: to and from the towers, hands tied, eyes blind, walking backwards.

Then the man said to the crowd, "Do you think I can do this walking with a wheelbarrow?" YES, they cried! And he did!

"Now put a ton of bricks in the wheelbarrow. Do you think I can do this now?" The crowd, and the camera crews, and KDKA Sally Wiggin all cried, "YES!!" And he did.

Then the man looked at the crowd: "Who believes that I can take a man in the wheelbarrow?" The crowd shouted emphatically, YES! We believe!!! The man replied, "Who will be my first volunteer?"

The crowd was silent.

Then He said to them, "Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?"

I'm learning to trust
I'm learning to feel
I'm learning to love You always
~Infinite, Something Like Silas

No comments: