Monday, October 23, 2006

Feeling complacent


So fly me to the moon, tonight I'm ready
I'm ready to be lost among the stars
To soar above the clouds that once were heavy
A little closer to where You are

They say that senioritis is natural. I can't even complete this thought. That's how bad it is.

I'm ready to start a new adventure. 4 years doing the same thing can wear a person down. I think that's why I was made for adventure. Travel the world, or even just the US. It's big enough. There's a time for everything, and I know that my leap of faith is not supposed to be now. So I'm just waiting for the moment that I can jump.

There are a number of decisions I need to make. Some of which I can 'control' others which are in the hands of others, all of which are in the hands of God. Be faithful with what I've been given, and more will be given. I'm not feeling too faithful with this paper. Oh, and by the way: I'm finally ready to be complimented. It's a pretty big moment.

Something's missing. Not in the sense that I am incomplete, but in the sense that there is something that will be here that is not here. Relationship? Vocation? Really cool recording contract? Wisdom? It's like West Side Story...

could be...
who knows...
there's something due any day
i will know right away
soon as it shows
it may come cannonballing down from the sky
gleam in it's eye
bright as a rose
who knows...
it's only just out of reach, down the block, on a beach
under a tree
i got a feeling there's a miracle due
gonna come true
coming to me
could it be? yes it could!
somethig's coming, something good
if i can wait...
something's coming i don't know what it is
but it is gonna be great
with a click, with a shock
phone will jingle, door will knock
open the latch...
something's coming don't know when, but it's soon
catch the moon
one handed catch
around the corner
or whistling down the river
come on, deliever to me
will it be? yes it will!
maybe just by holding still
it'll be there
come on something, come on in
don't be shy, meet a guy
pull up a chair
the air is humming
and something great is coming
who knows...
it's only just out of reach
down the block, on a beach
maybe tonight...
maybe tonight...

It's time to pray big prayers. To pray hard. To put my billboard ring into practice.




No comments: