Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Today was the greatest

From 8:45am to 2:27am, I had realization after realization of how blessed my life is, espeically with the knowledge that have so many people who actually care about life and love and when it crosses their mind, me :) This entry is half exuberance and half philosophical.

I'm not sure people talk about deep things much anymore. There doesn't seem to be much talking in the attempts to discover and revive, just to complain about politics or how the world is going to hell. These are important topics, but where is the resolution? I love talking to people. I love listening to people's stories, because they're so different and still so freaking interesting. And knowing people allows me to love them better. It's a type of euphoric release to be in a conversation about intimate subjects (with discernment) and in the process be discovering...things. I can't really explain it, but it's one of the best feelings ever. To be heard. I think we all want to be loved and heard. Give me your heart and give me your ear, I have story to tell.

On love, I'm on a terrible rampage through the works of John Donne, probably one of my heros. Maybe I'm overdramatic, but I almost started crying reading thru one of his poems. He's just so real. One of the only guys who can use flowery language without trying to sound high and mighty. For instance, this quote from Elegy XVIII, Love's Progress:

Who ever loves, if he do not propose
The right true end of love, he's one that goes
To sea for nothing but to make him sick.

And the change in this guys life is amazing. I won't give too much away, because you should see for yourself :) Here is a link to all of his works: http://www.poemhunter.com/john-donne//poet-3054/page-1/
Spread the wealth, I say.

And my final quote for the evening:

To lose hope has the same effect on our heart as it would to stop breathing. ~ The Sacred Romance, Drawing Closer to the Heart of God

Never, never, never give up.

No comments: