Sunday, July 09, 2006

I Believe in Yesterday

yesterday...
all my troubles seemed so far away
now it looks as though it's here to stay
oh I believe in yesterday

So yesterday was awesome. The Usual Saturday Crew went to see Superman with an suprise guest, Michael D. who gracefully donned a cape for the show. After the fantastic flick, we filmed our own sequel where Lizzie and I walked across the street, as Marty attempted to run us over, and Michael as "Stealth Man" stopped the car and saved the day. It was fantastic. We then made a pasta dinner where Michael demonstrated his Buca di Beppo chef skills, and then swam in the pool. It was an amazing night.

Funny how quickly things can change in 24 hours (unless you're an avid 24 fan, then this shouldn't phase you one bit). I totally forgot about our family's tickets to see 42nd street, and had made plans to work out my stupid Target bill which required me to go to the actual store because the internet would not let me pay. Well, my parents gave me a choice...and I chose the wrong choice. That wrong choice has since snowballed into a pretty awful situation, and now I'm in this horrible Catch-22.

Living with others is SO hard. It's so hard to take other people into consideration and think about how your decisions might affect others. I mean, for all we know, the guy behind Marty's car as Stealth Man was saving us had to pick up a letter from someone holding his kid ransom, and those extra 15 seconds caused his wife to die. Ridiculous, I know, but you just don't know. I think there is a thin line between seeing how your actions might affect others and being psychic. I'm just not good at this. How do you make a mother happy when you potentially ruined her entire week becuase of one selfish decision? I have this horrible feeling that flowers won't cut it.

Now I long for yesterday...

No comments: