Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Wake Up! Your Alarm Clock Said.

Wake Up! Your Alarm Clock Said.

Lost again in a world of despair
Why do my dreams still haunt me?
Wake up and realize there’s nobody there
Why do the ghosts still call me?
Foreshadowing prophecy or slight indigestion
More of gravy or gravity, that is the question
Where we all fall down at the slightest suggestion
That maybe there was something more

The clouds are grey but the grass is greener
Than I’ve ever seen before
They say it’s the cones but I say that it’s God
Showing me there’s an open door
The rain keeps falling on my head on my eyes
And I realized its past the time, and I start to cry
And the water from me meets the water on high
And the bud of a fruit is now bearing

Call out to me and join all the voices
In harmony, laughing or carrying on
I try to ignore them, I can’t even answer
When they’re singing my favorite song
So I plunge my head back under the sheets
that reminds me I’m covered, I’m safe, and I’m free
and I close my eyes to go back to sleep
and the alarm screams, wake up, oh, sleeper

who am I kidding? I haven’t slept a wink
since I heard they were dying by midnights
poor Cinderella just lost a damn shoe
while they were losing their hope in the street fights
does anybody care? cries the heart in my chest
what they hell can I do, scoffs my mind
we’re bored and we’re restless, say my hands and feet
and my spirit conceived shakes alive

refuse all those flattering words dripped with honey
they just becomes sticky and cling to their money
and electric blankets, which burn you alive when you’re not watching
and the alarm screams, wake up, oh, sleeper

No comments: