Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Here in the Valley

here in the valley i look to the sky
to the mountain my broken wings
search for the strength to outstretch and fly
for now my hand is stretched with a sigh

here in the valley i look to the ground
to the space where i landed when i fell
i never saw it coming, you never can tell
for now my feet are bound

here in the valley i look to the wind
to the shapes of things, my white companions
they drifted with me and i rested my head
for now the rocks will make my bed

here in the valley i look to His love
to the faithful promise of light
to the truth that even here He is enough
for now, and forever, He is enough

here in the valley i look to the sky
to the mountains where my broken wings
will fly again in their own time
for now it is His, not mine

No comments: