Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Best Christmas Ever

Do you remember the movie Home Alone? Well, aside from the screaming boy in the bathroom, my favorite part of that film is when Kevin visits the church where he meets the old man, and the old man tells him about his estranged son. The old man is afraid to try to make amends with his son, afraid that the son will say no and he'll be rejected. And Kevin says that he shouldn't be afraid, and that probably the son is afraid too. At the end of the movie, the old man's son comes home bringing his family home too. And Kevin's family comes home too, after catching a plane from France.

Sorry if I ruined the movie, but this was the gift the Lord brought to the Fowkes family this Christmas. My cousin Sarah, who hasn't been with our family in about 4 years, came for dinner and presents with her boyfriend. It was really nice to have the completing component of our bad bar joke (the 3 girl cousins, Beth, Sarah, and me, are a red head, blond, and brunette respectively). And then, after my Uncle finished reading the Gospel of Matthew which recounts the birth of Jesus, the true meaning of Christmas, my brother from Colorado called. I was able to put him on speaker phone, and the whole family felt together again.

I didn't get many presents wrapped in brown paper (my mom is on this evironmental "no wrapping paper" thing), but I couldn't have asked for anything more. This was the best Christmas ever.

God bless us...everyone :)

1 comment:

seg said...

hey, elise! just making my 'mark' on your blog because, well, i can! ;)

"and god is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work."

love you ... be blessed!