Thursday, November 30, 2006

Cast me Gently


More and more I am discovering that I am a woman of big heart and little faith.

Ever so more I am discovering the Lord is a God of unprecidented patience, unfathomable faithfulness, immeasurable glory, and impenetrable power.

My anthem of the day is by Sarah McLachlan. When I first heard this, I knew it was a common conversation between me and the Lord. Well, let me rephrase it: it is how I wish my conversations were. Him speaking, and me responding. Most of the time it is me venting and Him listening (praise Him for that). Yet why do I feel that my words are more important that His? Where is the humility in that? How does one approach a Deity with informatility and still protect the Sacred?
(check out Tremble by Nicole Nordeman)

I'm not sure if Ms. McLachlan meant this song to be read this way, but there is no doubt in my mind it is how the Lord wants me to be with Him: humble, waiting, confident, and assurred of Him and His promises.


I can hear him whisper, "Let me speak...I have so much to say."

Answer ~ Sarah McLachlan


Him:
I will be the answer
At the end of the line
I will be there for you
While you take the time
In the burning of uncertainty
I will be your solid ground
I will hold the balance
If you can’t look down

Me: If it takes my whole life
Him: (I won’t break, I won’t bend)
Me: It will all be worth it
Him: (Worth it in the end)
Me: Cause I can only tell You what I know
That I need You in my life
When the stars have all gone out
You’ll still be burning so bright

Me:
Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind
Take me to a
Place so holy
That I can wash this from my mind
The memory of choosing not to fight

If it takes my whole life
(I won’t break, I won’t bend)
It will all be worth it
(Worth it in the end)
‘Cause I can only tell you what I know
That I need you in my life
When the stars have all burned out
You’ll still be burning so bright

Cast me gently
Into morning
For the night has been unkind

No comments: