Wednesday, June 14, 2006

new favorite

My new favorite album is "New Favorite" by Allison Krauss and Union Station. Specifically, I enjoy songs 1,3,5,7,11,13. Basically all the odd numbers. I'm an odd kind of girl. I've been listening to it driving back and forth from my new job (working with autistic kids...it's going to be great). "The Lucky One" is probably going to be melted to the CD player.

I've been writing songs again, which usually means I have some emotional angst that's not being dealt with :) I believe that the art of someone is the outflow of their heart. So my songs, entitled "Playing House (Thirteen)" and "Someone Else" both center around the theme of disillusionment. But they don't necessarily remain in minor keys, so there is a bit of hope I guess. I often wish that my piano skills were as complex as Fiona Apple or Tori Amos, but they serve their purpose. If I'm ever able to get my music career off the ground, I'd prefer to have someone else play anyway. My problem is that I can hear exactly how I want the song to go, but I can't do it myself. So I have to satisfy myself with the piano.

It's been an addiction lately. I'm at training for my job and toward the end, all I can think about is how I want to get home and play "Playing House (13)" on the piano. Now it'll be "Someone Else" because I just figured out how I want it to go. I'm hoping that maybe someday this summer I can talk someone in my church to record me play and sing, just to put stuff together for myself. They do it for special music anyway.

Music. My first love. I'm probably in the country genre if I had to pick. Just because my songs tell stories. Usually. This blog is so random its unbearable.

Sleep. Another early morning.

No comments: