Tuesday, June 20, 2006

"The Bus" plows ahead

I saw a commercial today starting Jerome "The Bus" Bettis. He was talking about how success is made one step at a time. It then switched to an ST Bank slogan, which ruined the moment, but whatever. Success is made one step at a time.

When did waiting equal failure? Why do I feel compelled to jump 3 steps at a time to prove that I am one fantastic chick? It's not like jumping 3 steps will get me up the stairs that much quicker. In fact, I might fall down and slam my face into the cement or wood, slowing me up a considerable amount. Why am I in such a rush to see results?

I find this at my job. I work with an autistic child, and quick results are ridiculous to expect. He's wonderful, and every bit of progress is awesome. But I come home wanting more, and feeling like I failed. I find this in my walk with Christ. Success, one step at a time. By now I feel like I should be leaping tall buildings, but the Bible doens't promise that. The Lord does promise that He will keep us from falling though. And frankly, not falling would be quite a feat to accomplish.

Applicable Song: Move Along by All-American Rejects

No comments: